Ehlanzeni TVET College has a student representative council (SRC) which is a statutory body that supports the needs and rights of all students. The right people to elect SRC are the students because they are the body umbrella of all student organizations. Therefore, students are eligible to choose the right candidate to be their voice in the higher department.
Furthermore, Ehlanzeni TVET College SRC duty is to unite all their students in the college. Taking into consideration of the contribution they have to make to the advancement of the student life in the college. We are talking about the advancement of the students’ interest in the academic, extra-curricular, social, culture, and extra-rural sphere.
Who is eligible to become part of the SRC nominations?
The fact that the SRC is the highest decision-making student body in the college, therefore, students are eligible to decide who is suitable to be the SRC. Firstly, he/she needs to be a full-time student at the college studying at least the NCV or Report 191 program. Secondly, one needs to be a South African citizen born in South Africa. In addition, establish academic success through your studies and maintain them up until the latest examination prior to the elections.
So, your academic results need to show that you are capable of managing your studies. As a result, you will further be a good example to students and a great motivation for students. You need to have achieved an average of 60% in all of your past seven NC (V) program subjects and further four Report 191 subjects. In all subjects, they have to be on Ministerial funded programs for which you are registered until the latest examination.
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, some of them further include;
- The nominees need to have passed 7 out of 7 NC (V) subjects and 4 out of 4 Report 191 subjects in the examination prior to the elections.
- Students need to have the remaining 12 months as a full-time registered student at the college.
- Do not have any charges for the transgression of the Disciplinary Code or other rules, and regulations of the college.
Ehlanzeni TVET College SRC Term of office
The appropriate SRC term of office at Ehlanzeni TVET College is one academic year. Each and every year, a new SRC takes oath at the college offices to serve the rights and needs of students.
TVET College SRC committee consists of 16 members maximum and that is just at the college level. With that being said, in each and every campus, there are nine campus SRC members maximum at the campus level.
What are the interesting facts about Ehlanzeni TVET College SRC?
As they are the representatives of the Ehlanzeni TVET College, the SRC, therefore, has to be;
- In TVET College SRC attire when going to attend meetings
- Represent student body on key decision-making Committees
- The president and secretary-general do get airtime
- SRC is entitled to a fully equipped office in the college
- Transport to their official approved workshops and meetings
In conclusion, college SRC plays a vital role at TVET college, thus, the college consults with them for any matter concerning students.