A lot of high school graduates battle with deciding whether to go for skills training fresh from school or go for higher education, which is typically college or university. There has been a lot of arguments on which one fully equips you for employment. Acquiring knowledge and skills helps one to have a lot of advantages in today`s moving economy.
Taking a study is a decision you have to live with for the rest of your life. Therefore, you must explore all options and weigh possibilities that will work for you. The economy does not make it easy to find employment. Advisably, go for a decision that will make you of value to the development of the country and its economy.
Skills Training and Higher Education Advantages
- Obtaining a skill equips you for immediate employment. The skills you acquire set you for your desired work.
- Theory alone does not assist with the skills required for fast-moving industries. Employers are looking for people who already know what they are doing to increase productivity.
- Higher institutions fees are increasing. There is no guarantee that one will find employment immediately after completing their degree to settle the debt. If you cannot settle the debt, you do not obtain your degree. Therefore, your journey to looking for employment will not be easy convincing.
- Employers will not want a person who will be of assistance for today, they want someone they can count on in the future. If you can only be helpful for now, it going to be challenging being of value.
- Skills training does not offer interpersonal skills. Employees need to be critical thinkers and be analytical. Every employer needs someone who will be able to solve problems and give solutions quickly.
- Higher education gives you the ability to be flexible. A degree covers a lot of knowledge of different useful information.
Skills education and higher education both lead to possible employment. Moreover, to some people, they are clear of what they want to do for the rest of their lives, which makes it easy to choose an option. Although not as detailed as skill training institutions, higher education institutions offer training also for a certain period.
Furthermore, being undecided can lead to making the wrong choice. It is very vital for high school graduates to get the proper advice, and counseling if necessary. This helps them in making the right and appropriate decision, not for now but for the future.